Monday, July 18, 2011

Do you think my toddler has a speech delay?

He is going to be 3 in a few months. He spoke around 75 words by 24 months, then shortly after began combining 2 words together. He now speaks in 3-5 word sentences and has more single words than i can count. The concern is that when I hear him singing for example, he is so cute btw, he is singing let's say Barney... he will sing "i love you, you love me" blah blah blah, but he is kind of sticking his tongue out and it makes him sound strange. If you're trying to get the picture of what he sounds out, try to stick your tongue out and sing it and that is how he sounds. Anyway, sometimes his voice is a bit on the nasally side. Other than this, he understands everything I say and is very social and happy. He counts 1-15, knows alphabet and colors. Should I be worried here or does he sound on track? Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment