Saturday, July 16, 2011

Should I bring her.........?

I am going to drive 10hrs to get my new puppy as I want to see the parents and were they live I know she is a very reputable breeder. I want to get a border collie puppy I have one now and im VERY attach to her as she is to me also (she doesn't have separation anxiety though) I want to know if I should bring her to see how she gets along with the puppy ,but im not sure if I want her to have to withdure that long trip....also we will be staying in that state for a week because me and my mom are going to take it as a vacation also ,and I don't wanna leave my dog with my dad or without me for that long.....my dad loves her a lot and even tells her come to paw-paw which is shocking Sense he doesn't really like dogs accept pitbulls and they lived in the yard he doesn't like her outside he wants her in his lap he even doesn't like me to keep collars/harnesses on her as she ''need to be without them for a break every other day'' so I got her a microchip because he likes ot take them off while im not in the house ,don't ask me why. Well I know she will do great with him but a week is to long for me to be away from my baby. should I take her with me I know she will need ot be put in her seat belt and be let out every other hour to potty and get exercises and she loves to ride in the car ,but should I let her ride that long.....I know people take dogs on road trips and all I am just not sure if a 10hr long drive would be good for her even....we will take a break at a motel/hotel after Driving about 6 hrs then get a motel.hotel once we get their. My current BC will spend every minute with me my mom and the puppy as we are just going to go site seeing in the mountains. another reason I thought I should take her with me is because she usually get 3 miles a day with my dad she would get nothing but running in the yard/house because he fell off a 3story building and it hurt him to walk for long distances well not at the moment it doesn't but his feet will swell up afterward because he landed on his feet and shattered the bones in his feet(doctors wanted to do surgery because they thought he would never walk again). She does great in new places as long as I am their and if she did have to sty in the hotel room for a few House I think it would be fine because shes not a chronic barker ,she is actually very quiet. I will write this big because I don't think people will wanna read all the way down to hear sooo........THE BREEDER SAID SHE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE TEX COME ALSO SHE WASN'T TO SEE HOW TEX REACTS ON SHEEP FOR THAT WEEK AS SHE HAS NEVER BEEN AROUND THEM. THE BREEDER IS JUST AS EXCITED AS I AM SHE JUST SAID ITS ALL ON ME IF I WANNA BRING HER WITH ME. I will be getting her the 2-3day of being their because it will take a day to get their and sleep then the next day will will go look at her then the next day we will purchase her if Tex gets along with her then we will go site seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment